Computing at CU – Boulder
IdentiKey – Your CU campus IdentiKey gives you access to campus Information Technology (IT) resources. Examples include your personal campus portal (CUConnect), campus email (CULink), access to library resources, as well as many other services.
Steps to activate your IdentiKey password:
1. Open a web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Firefox, etc.) and go to CUConnect (https://cuconnect.colorado.edu).
2. At the bottom of the login box click on IdentiKey/Login Help.
3. On the new page that pops up click on >> Activate you account in the box at the top of the webpage.
4. Enter your Student or Employee ID, Date or Birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number as instructed on the webpage.
5. Create a strong password that is difficult to guess. Enter this password twice, press the change password button and your IndentiKey is setup. See below for strong password guidelines:
• Passwords must be 8 to 15 characters long
• Passwords must include three character types, such as upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers or punctuation
6. Once your identiKey is setup you should have access to CUConnect, your campus email account, CULearn, campus computer labs and other services.
CULink – The standard email and calendaring account on the CU Boulder campus for students. The user name and password to access your CULink account is your IdentiKey.
CULink provides 200 MB of message storage and can be accessed via the web based webmail at (https://culink.colorado.edu). You can also access your CULink email account through computer clients such as Outlook or Mac Mail. For instructions on setting up computer email clients go to the Information Techology Services website (http://www.colorado.edu/its/docs/email/culink/programs/)
Student CULink accounts are created once you have confirmed you enrollment at CU.
Exchange – The standard email and calendaring account on the CU Boulder campus for Faculty and Staff. The username and password to access your Exchange account is your IdentiKey.
Exchange provides 1 GB of message storage and can be accessed via the web-based webmail at (https://exchangeweb.colorado.edu). You can also access your Exchange email account through computer clients such as Outlook or Mac Mail. For instructions on setting up computer email clients go to the Office of Information Technology website: http://oit.colorado.edu/services/e-mail-calendaring/exchange- 2007/help/e-mail-programs