The University of Colorado Boulder
Department of Theatre & Dance announces
Auditions for the BFA in Performance Program
Monday, March 18, 2013
University Theatre, CU Theatre Building
3:00 to 6:00 pm – Individual auditions and interviews
- Please prepare two contrasting monologues, totaling no more than three minutes combined.
6:00 to 7:00 pm – Mandatory ensemble workshop for ALL applicants
- Please wear clothes that you can move in comfortably.
- You do not need to prepare material for this portion of the audition.
How to apply…
1) Prerequisite Course. You must have either passed or be currently enrolled in:
- Acting 1 (THTR 2003) or
- Acting for Nonmajors (THTR 1003)
Transfer students who have taken a similar course elsewhere should consult the Performance Faculty.
2) Recommendation Form. Your acting teacher or a recent director must complete this electronic form and e-mail it to the address therein by Thursday, March 15, 2013.
They can download this form from the BFA Performance page on department’s website: http://theatredance.colorado.edu/theatre/academics/thtr-ba-bfa/bfa-in-performance/
3) Application Materials. Submit the following three documents together in one e-mail to Chip.Persons@Colorado.edu by Thursday, March 15, 2013.
- Statement of intention, in PDF format, no longer than one page (approx. 250 words, double-spaced):
- Why you want to enter the BFA Performance program
- What relevant perspective you feel you will bring to the program
- Resume of your acting training and experience, in PDF format, no longer than one page
- Headshot (a full-page photograph of your face) in PFD format, no larger than 1 MB
4) Appointment. Sign up for an individual audition and interview appointment online: www.signupgenius.com/go/bfaperformance
Please sign up in the earliest slot available. Failure to do so will cause the empty appointment before yours to be skipped, and you might miss your audition.
Remember that you must also attend the ensemble workshop audition on Monday, March 18, at 6:00 pm, but you do not need to sign up for this workshop.